How your dentist in St. Petersburg, FL. can help when you have a dental emergency
There are many types of dental emergencies, and there are also many dental problems that don’t qualify as an emergency. So how do you know the difference? Dental emergencies often happen after-hours and on weekends, and access to dental care may be hard to find.
Dr. Gordon Krueger in St. Petersburg, FL. Is a general dentist, and also a nationally recognized prosthodontist, specializing in dental implants, dental appliances, and other forms of tooth replacement. He can help you when you suffer a dental emergency.
Your dental problem most likely qualifies as a dental emergency if you experience:
- Trauma to your face, jaws, or head resulting in bruising, swelling, or bleeding
- Severe tooth pain that is not getting better, and maybe getting worse
- Increasing tooth pain when you eat or drink hot or cold foods or beverages
- Dental trauma, during which your tooth is knocked loose or completely knocked out
- Your dental bridge or dental implant feeling loose
- Your dental filling feeling loose and your tooth is painful
Dental emergencies can be treated in a variety of ways, including:
- Restoring the tooth with a simple filling if there is decay involved
- Performing root canal therapy if the innermost layer of your tooth (the pulp) has been bruised or damaged
- Extracting the tooth if the tooth can’t be restored with a filling or crown, or has lost a large amount of bone around it due to periodontal disease
- Extracting the tooth if the tooth has been partially knocked out, broken, or severely damaged
If your dental emergency has resulted in one or more lost teeth, Dr. Krueger is an expert at providing state-of-the-art tooth replacement solutions, including:
- A fixed dental bridge
- A removable partial or full denture
- A dental implant or implant-supported denture
When you experience a dental emergency, it’s great to know you have access to dental care right when you need it, from someone you know and trust. To find out more about dental emergency services, call Dr. Gordon Krueger in St. Petersburg, FL. at (727) 384-6533. Call now!